Thursday, June 01, 2006

Beware When Paying Airport Tax At Ho Chi Minh City

This morning, my friend told me that her colleague had the same experience I had when I was at Ho Chi Minh Airport paying airport tax. (refer to May 04, 2006)
Her colleague's encounter is worst off as compared to me.

She reached the airport late due to the jam on the road. When she reached the counter to pay the taxes, she took out her stack of left over currencies, the counter girl sort of scretch out her hand and snatch it from her. After calculating, the counter girl only pay her back USD4. My friend's colleague was shocked! She actually has about S$700 worth of Vietnam Don, which is more then USD200 but in the end she got back only USD4! She try to confront the counter girl but that counter girl just ignore her and sort of ask her to go away! Goodness Gracious me!

My friend did pre-warn her colleqgue and told her about my experience, but because she is in a hurry when she reached the airport, she cannot recall the story. How sad! I am quite pissed off when I heard what her colleqgue had gone thru. She suffered a heavier lost then I did.

I know how she is feeling now, and there is really noting we can do, so please, everyone out there, please warn your friends who is visiting HCM, dun be the nxt victim!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG? Again ??

why like that.. that girl must be darn rich working thr.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Solo said...

Well u bet, just one victim she earn USD280, imagine if she is hving 10 such victim per day....

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there
$1usd = $14000 in vietnam dong that is fourteen thousand ok , so I think your post is useless is research well b4 post

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i use opera for browsing the web and it shows a alert for this web site right now!


Also visit my web page :: www.ultimate-wuerzburg.de

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home