Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Meme On Ten Things I Miss Of Mum's Cooking!

I've been tagged by Bozo to blog Meme On Ten Things I Miss Of Mum's Cooking! Well my mum is typical Hokkien and she started cooking when young because she is the eldest in the family. She like to test and try when comes to cooking.

Ten dishes I love is:
1) Mee Hun Kuey ~ made of flour, knee and dough, then make into pieces and cook it in clear soup.

2) Macaroni Soup ~ I am a fan of Macaroni, so thou its a simple dish, its my favourite.

3) Fish Porriage ~ Porriage with Fish slice, soy sauce, peanuts, fried beancurd cube, ginger.

4) Lotus plus corn soup ~ Corn and Lotus is my favourite too, and i like the sweetness of the soup.

5) Fish with salted vegetables ~ I love salted vegetables and it goes very well with fish and tomatoes.

6) Vegetarian Braised Zap Chye~ With all the vegetarian ingredient such as mock meat, beancurb skin (dao ki) plus vermicelli noodle (dan hoon), mushroom, black fungus, gim zam (duno the english name) etc, braised in dark sauce.........

7) Yam abacus ~ this is a Hakka dish, my mum learned from her friend and start making. She fried it in Hokkien style. Thou its not original but its tasty.

8) Curry chicken ~ alot of people like my mum's curry chicken because its so thick and rich with coconut milk. We try to persuade her to use carnation milk instead of coconut but she insist on coconut milk....

9) Yam Cake ~ She learned this recently too. I love it because it is rich with yam and yam cube, peanuts and shrimps.

10) Bak Zhang (rice dumpling) ~ typical hokkien style, red bean bak zhang is my favourite. She is generous with the ingredient, shrimp and meat paste with lean meat, chestnut and mushroom, the rice is fried with red bean with black sauce. Each year she will make more then 20kg of rice to distribute to her sibling.

Sad to say nobody inherit my mum's cooking.........weird.......

1 Comments:

Blogger BoZoGEMOK said...

Annie, I love Yam Abacus, just wishing thinking that I would be able to savour your mum's Yam Abacus one day ;)

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home